Trendspotting at the NAHB 2019 International Builders’ Show
The LiveAbode team has returned from another successful trip to the 2019 NAHB International Builders’ Show (IBS) and the NKBA 2019 Kitchen & Bath Industry Show (KBIS) in Las Vegas—and we are excited to share the latest design trends spotted at the show.
IBS/KBIS 2019 drew more than 100,000 attendees and 1,500 exhibitors, highlighting the latest products and design innovations in the home and building industries. Here are some of our top trend takeaways.
Back To Nature
Earthy tones, textures and color palettes connect us back with Mother Nature, encouraging us to take a break from the overuse of social media, phones and computer screens. An abundance of moody blues, dark grays and mushroom browns, in both light and dark shades, recreate the feeling of being outdoors.
In exterior color trends, a natural palette makes a home feel like it’s part of its surroundings—whether in a coastal setting or a on mountainside.
- Royal® Building Products showcased new siding colors for 2019 in shades of gray, brown and blue across its Exterior Portfolio®, Royal® Vinyl and Celect® Cellular PVC lines.
- The Avalon freestanding concrete bathtub from the NativeStone Collection, launched in four “earth-inspired” finishes, embodies the trend toward natural colors and textures.
The wall between indoor and outdoor living continues to fade as homeowners seek a closer connection to their surroundings. From floor to ceiling glass doors and windows to expansive decks and luxury kitchens, homeowners are pushing their living space beyond their home’s four walls.
- DaVinci Custom Fireplaces™ showcased a collection of see-through fireplaces that can be installed like a window and enjoyed indoors or out.
- Expansive Andersen MultiGlide™ glass doors blur the lines between indoors and out, offering ultimate design freedom.
- Royal’s Zuri® Premium composite decking offers the look of hardwood floors in an exterior setting, allowing a seamless flow from indoor to outdoor living.
Minimalism Meets Maximalism
The spectrum of modernist design ranged from stark simplicity to exuberant self-expression at IBS/KBIS, with many exhibitors mixing clean, modern lines with ornate styles, colors and finishes.
- KOHLER® highlighted its Ombre collection of hardware in a stunning Rose Gold finish against a sparkling sequin backdrop—a combination of modern aesthetics with dramatic expression.
- Masonite launched its new Wrought Iron Frame exterior door, which adds authentic Mediterranean-style window details to its sleek front door design.
Whether you work in the industry, or you’re looking to make an update to your home this year, we hope these trends give you some inspiration. For more photos from IBS 2019, check out the Royal Building Products Facebook page.